Los Angeles Department of Aging
Information and Assistance
Information and Assistance provides seniors and caregivers with information about available community resources and/or referrals to particular service programs or agencies.
Multilingual Information and Assistance services are available. The multilingual specialist speak Spanish, Korean, Tagalog, Chinese and Vietnamese. In addition, our InfoVans travel throughout the City of Los Angeles to inform the public about a variety of services.
LADOA Information and Assistance can be contacted at:
(800) 510-2020 toll-free
(213) 482-7252 local
Senior Hispanic Information and Assistance
Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (MAOF)
Senior Asian Information and Assistance
Little Tokyo Service Center, a Community Development Corporation
Elder Abuse Community Education
The elder abuse community education program is designed to increase public education and awareness on the identification of abuse, those persons/populations at high-risk, how to report abuse, and available community resources to prevent abuse and assist caregivers.
Elder abuse can take on many forms. It can be outright physical abuse, or it can take on other forms such as neglect, financial abuse, verbal abuse or forced isolation. If you suspect someone is being abused there are two agencies who investigate these cases.
Adult Protective Services (APS) investigates cases of abuse and neglect in the community. They can be reached at:
(213) 351-5401 local
(877) 477-3646 toll-free
Ombudsman is a program that is a state and federally mandated program that identifies and investigates complaints made by or on behalf of residents in long-term care facilities, including: skilled nursing, assisted living and board and care facilities. Below is a link to the City and County of Los Angeles Ombudsman Program page.
Long-Term Care Ombudsman (800) 334-9473
After hours crisis line (800) 231-4024
Help Make Your Community Better
- Report abandoned cars: 800-222-6366
- Report abandoned shopping carts: 800-252-4613
- Report smog odors, dust, smoke, and smog from cars, trucks, & buses: 800-288-7664
- Hazardous Waste Hotline: to dispose of oil, paints, household chemicals, batteries: 800-988-6942
- Lead Hotline: to find out how to get rid of dangerous lead: 800-524-5323
- Sanitation Hotline: Remove mattresses, appliances, dead animals, bulky items: 800-773-2489
- Environmental Health Department: to report unhealthy conditions such as rats, rodents, or bugs and to get FREE rodent treatments: 888-700-9995
- Bureau of Street Services: to report illegal dumping, trash in alleys, and maintenance of city streets, trees, and sidewalks: 800-996-2489
- Storm Water Division: to report clogged catch basins: 800-974-9794
- LA Animal Services: to report animal cruelty, barking dogs, dangerous/sick/injured, or stray animals: 888-452-7381
- Building & Safety: neighborhood eyesores: 888-524-2845
- Housing Department: problems with multi-family housing: 866-557-7368
- West Valley Transportation: traffic signals, red curbs, stop signs: 818-756-8784
- East Valley Transportation: traffic signals, red curbs, stop signs: 818-374-4688
Senior Transportation Services
CityRide is a transportation assistance program for individuals age 65 or older and qualified disabled persons in the City of Los Angeles and select areas of Los Angeles County. The program offers CityRide participants reduced costs for the purchase of City of Los Angeles permitted taxi rides and CityRide Dial-A-Ride services.
Access Services is responsible for the administration of Access, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) mandated paratransit transportation program for Los Angeles County and is committed to improving the mobility on public transit of persons with disabilities. Visit Access Services.
Public Works provides dial-a-ride (paratransit) services for eligible residents of the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County. Visit Public Words dial-a-ride.
19950 Rinaldi Street Suite 102
Porter Ranch, CA 91326
Mon-Fri 9:00am – 7:00pm
Sat 9:00am – 5:00pm
CVS Pharmacy Porter Ranch
19783 Rinaldi Street
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sat 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sun 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Porter Ranch CA 91326
Mon – Sun 7:00 am – 12:00 am
Senior Online Live Community
Porter Ranch has a large 65+ plus community living within the city, so we decided we would like to provide an online Google Hangout place for residents that are 65 years of age to visit with each other.
Every morning starting at 6:30 AM, you can join in the conversation and visit each other right from the comfort of your own residence.
Now, you can grab a cup of coffee and a snack and sign in to this online community to visit old friends and make new friends. To join in on the fun click the following link:
Daily from 6:30AM – 11:30AM
See you there!